Sony recently introduced the Xperia ZR and it’s probably the most durable smartphone ever to be made. The main selling point with the Xperia ZR is that it boasts the highest waterproof rating a smartphone has ever had. That means you’ll be able to take pictures and record HD video underwater without worrying about damaging your most prized possession, your smartphone! Sony claims that you’ll be able to take the Xperia ZR up to 5ft deep for 30 minutes at a time. The Xperia ZR gives you great hardware specs and durability against the most harshest environments. It looks to be a great smartphone for the “outdoorsy” type or for professionals that are usually “out in the field”.
What you should know:
- Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad Core 1.5GHz processor and 2GB of RAM
- 720p 4.6″ HD Reality Display w/ Sony Bravia Engine 2 and OptiContrast technology
- 13MP camera w/ Exmor RS technology and dedicated camera key.
- Dustproof (IP55)/Waterproof (IP58) and Shatter proof sheet on scratch-resistant glass
- LTE/UMTS HSPA+/GSM GPRS/EDGE
- Android Jellybean
Looks like Sony has found a niche with these dustproof/waterproof smartphones. They seem to be raising the bar when it comes to using your smartphone anyplace, anywhere, anytime. Be on the lookout for it in the 2nd quarter of this year.